Root canal treatment is one of the most recommended dental treatments in Mumbai for the removal of the tooth's pulp, a small thread like tissue in the centre of the tooth.
Damage to teeth, such as cracks or deep cavities, can reach down to the nerve tissue and blood vessels residing in the soft pulp of the tooth. Damage to the pulp can lead to painful swelling, damage to the jaw bones or muscles, and the formation of abscesses. If left unchecked, this could lead to loss of tooth or tooth removal. Damaged pulp further leads to the removal of the tooth.
With today's advancement, however, dental treatment in Mumbai usually emphasize on a procedure called a root canal treatment to restore and protect the tooth's nerves and blood vessels hence saving the tooth.
Benefits of Endodontic Treatment
• Removal of bacterial infection from tooth
• Removal of pain
• Prevention of further spread of infection throughout tooth to periapical tissue and surrounding bone
1. First Evaluation and endodontic tooth preparation
• A small x-ray of the tooth is taken to check the tooth shape and root canals infection site
• Local anesthesia is administered at the infected site
• A canal is made in tooth to allow for removal of the damaged pulp
2. Clean root canal and pulp chamber
• Root canal may be cleaned once or several times to ensure infection is cleared
• In some cases, medications may be placed to prevent infection by removing germs from the teeth
3. Root Filling
• After root canal is check and cleared, the root canal is filled
4. Post and core
• The tooth tends to be fragile after root canal treatment has been done, a post and core build-up followed by a crown is usually done placed over the root canal treated teeth to provide extra strength and protection.
5.Proper oral care and regular dental visits ensure that the treated tooth remains healthy
The primary goal of endodontic treatment is to create an environment within the root canal system which allows for healing and continued maintenance of the health of periradicular tissue. A successful procedure is one which has removed bacteria in the tooth and completely filled the canals. At our dental clinic, we ensure that all our dental treatment in Mumbai is backed by modern technological machines and units such as the x-smart unit and Root Zx Apex locator are utilized to provide better prognosis and increase the long term success rate.
For the first few days following the completion of treatment, the tooth may be tender due to natural tissue inflammation, This tenderness or discomfort usually can be controlled with over-the-counter pain medications. Most patients can return to their normal activities the next day.
Copyright @ 2013 Smile Please | Developed By KDS | Blogs